Sunday 4 December 2016

Module Reflection



Reflection 

Overall throughout this module, I viewed the lessons as a very valuable learning experience from the start to the end.

Communication is an essential skill in our daily lives and the lessons learnt in this module can be applied not only to work or school but anywhere. To be an excellent writer tonnes of practice is needed and by the time I graduate I hope I will at least be an above average writer.  

At the start of the module, I really struggled with writing as English was a subject I struggled with since young. I did not understand what was expected and I realised effort alone was not sufficient to do well in this module. Despite my struggles in writing, I was confident in my presentation skills.
During this module we learned how to write a product summary, analyse a product, use proper citation techniques; present a product proposal in front of our peers and finally write a design report.  Before the start of this module, I was not able to do any of these and by the end of the module, I am confident that my technical writing skills and presentation skills have improved drastically.

There are lots of spaces for improvements for myself when it comes to being able to communicate effectively; the first step would be to read more books in the future. Reading regularly is essential to becoming a good writer; reading also helps to develop our verbal abilities and it also improves our imagination.

Other than reading more books, more online reports and articles could be read based on assignments in the future. The internet has a wide array of examples and guides on writing and presenting effectively. Being technologically savvy students, we should use the internet to our advantage. Learning is a lifelong process and practice makes perfect and by constantly learning and practicing I am confident that I will be able to improve my technical communication skills.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Karthig, for this clear, concise reflection and for your effort throughout the term. I'm glad that our goals became progressively clearer to you and that you realized that the work involved not just effort but also adhering to certain communication principles and conventions.

    I can see from what you have written that you now also realize that the Internet can be used to your advantage, even when it comes to communication. Everything depends on how you engage...

    Be that as it may, I wish you the best as you continue your learning journey.

    ReplyDelete