Tuesday 20 September 2016

Formal E-Mail Writing


To: Brad Blackstone

From: Karthig

Date: September 20, 2016

Subject: Karthig’s Introduction


Dear Brad,


I would like to use this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Karthig. I graduated from Singapore Polytechnic in 2014, with a diploma in Electrical and Electronical Engineering.

I learned about circuit analysis, microcontroller applications, IC testing, IC design and water fabrication in my diploma. 

My favourite module would be Engineering Mathematics. Maths may be tedious and troublesome most of the time, but the sense of achievement that I feel when I solve a difficult question is something that is incomparable to other modules. 

Unfortunately, I do not remember most of what I studied in polytechnic due to NS. However, my 2 years in NS have been an extremely enjoyable and fulfilling journey. The friendships, bonds and memories will always be very close to my heart.

My favourite pastime, is watching sports. I watch NBA regularly and I watch other American sports during playoffs as well.

I am also a cat person; I love cats. I currently have 2 cats, Gatsby and Checkers.

My goals in SIT are to be well versed and fluent in my communication skills, learn as much as possible and deepen my knowledge in telematics. 

I would like to explore the telematics industry as much as possible. Hence, I am really looking forward to my internship during my time in SIT

I am looking forward to further improve my communication skills every week and I am sure that I would be able to learn something new each time


Sincerely,

Karthig 

Commented on Zakirah's and Peng Wee's blogs.

 Last edited on  September 29, 2016

5 comments:

  1. Dear Karthig,

    After reading your email, I have a better understanding of your interests and aspirations. It's also nice to know there is another cat person in the class. All the best in your future endeavors!

    Regards,

    Zakirah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear karthig,

    After reading your email, I have a better understanding of your interest and goals.

    Your introduction is detailed and clear.I find it interesting and unique that your pastime is watching NBA.

    I wish you all the best in your future endeavours!


    Regards,

    Syafiq

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Karthig,

    It has been an enjoyable experience reading your formal email, in which you shared about your interests and goal for the future. With your positive mindset and commitment, I believe you would be able to achieve your goals.

    Regards,
    Peng Wee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Karthig, for this informative introduction. It's good to learn that you are so well rounded. In particular, I find it interesting that you follow the NBA. Do you have a favorite team or any players? Do you play basketball as well? (I'm a fan as well, especially of the Cavaliers, which are my 'hometown' team.)

    It's also interesting that you mention being a 'cat person' (as opposed to dogs, I assume).

    Aside from the rich content in this post, I note some language issues:

    1) sentence structure:
    --- However, my 2 years in NS have been an extremely enjoyable and fulfilling journey, the friendships, bonds and memories will always be very close to my heart. >>> (run sentence)
    --- Even though maths may be tedious and troublesome most of the time, but the sense of achievement that I feel .... >>> (It's not correct to start one clause with a subordinate conjunction like "even though," and the next with a coordinating conjunction like "but.)
    --- I am also a cat person, I love cats. >>> (comma splice)

    Let's work on this. Thanks for your effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Brad,

      Thanks for reading and commentating on my blog post.

      Yes, I have been following the NBA since 2000. My favourite player is Paul George; that makes me an Indiana Pacers fan. However, the Pacers probably would not do too well this season so I would be supporting the younger and upcoming teams like the Wolves and Pistons; I believe that they have a bright future and it would be exciting to watch their rise this upcoming season.

      I presume you were really excited, when the Cavaliers won game 7 of the NBA Finals a few months ago. Congratulations, to your home town team on winning the franchises' first ever championship.

      Yes, you are correct to say that I am a 'cat' person as opposed to dogs. I prefer cats, due to their independent nature but at the same time they are very affectionate. I also feel that my lifestyle and personality are similar to that of a cat.

      Thanks for pointing out the language issues in my blog post. I have edited them and I hope that the changes I made are correct. I have always had an issue with punctuation marks and I hope this module will aid me in the proper use of punctuation marks.

      Sincerely,
      Karthig

      Delete